August 15, 2007

Nurk Twins in the news

Yoko has allowed Apple's iTunes to offer downloads of John Lennon's post-Beatles catalog. From the Houston Chronicle:

Apple Inc. has begun selling downloads of tracks from 16 of John Lennon's post-Beatles albums, including Working Class Hero and John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band, on iTunes, the company said Tuesday.

The albums represent Lennon's recording output while he was with Capitol Records, a unit of Britain's EMI Group PLC.

While many of the late singer-songwriter's solo recordings have been available for download commercially elsewhere, this marks the first time they have been available on Apple's market-leading online music service.

Songs on two albums — Lennon Legend and Acoustic — were being made available for download exclusively on iTunes, the company said.

Video content was also being included with the purchase of some of the albums for a limited time.

The Lennon tracks will also be available without copy-protection restrictions and in higher-quality audio for $1.29 each. Regular versions are priced at 99 cents each.

"John would have loved the fact that his music will now be available in a format suited to a new generation of listeners," Lennon's widow, Yoko Ono, said in a statement released by Apple.


I'd suggest simply getting Shaved Fish, but that's just me. I come to you from the ancient era of LPs and cassette tapes, so what do I know?

image from ExtraTV.com

And this news warmed the cockles of my heart. Paul McCartney was seen hanging out with Christie Brinkley last weekend at the Hamptons, supposedly "cuddling" during a James Taylor concert. I hope she realizes a relationship with Paul will ultimately require her to sign over ownership of her breasts to him. The previous blonde apparently didn't understand that, or if she did, she had some issues with it. She was probably a little more sensitive about losing body parts than most.

2 comments:

Pamela said...

Hi, Chris, I really enjoy your blog, especially the posts and photos of small town Texas. That last paragraph there just about made me spew coffee all over my screen!

Chris said...

Thanks, Pamela. I'm glad you liked it! And I didn't want to be too mean towards McCartney's ex (I can't think of her name at the moment!), but I think she deserves some flack.