May 12, 2007

"Union of the Snake"




"Union of the Snake" was the ninth single released by British New Wave band Duran Duran and the first single from their third album Seven and the Ragged Tiger. It was released on October 17, 1983 and would peak at #3 on the UK and US singles charts. What the heck was all this about??? And don't get me started on "The Reflex."

Telegram force and ready
I knew this was a big mistake.
Theres a fine line drawing my senses together,
And I think its about to break.

If I listen close I can hear them singers, oh oh oh...
Voices in your body coming through on the radio,ho,ho...

The union of the snake is on the climb..
Moving up, its gonna race, its gonna break through the, borderline

Nightshades on a warning
Give me strength at least give me a light.
Give me anything even sympathy
Theres a chance you could be right.


Seven and the Ragged Tiger (1983)

No comments: