October 5, 2007

Britney spears a hit

So, Britney Spears' new song is #3 on the BILLBOARD HOT 100. The song also held the No. 1 position on Billboard's Hot Digital Songs chart, having sold 179,000 downloads in its first week of release. Since 2004, it's her biggest hit yet. That makes me feel good for her. I don't understand why people hate Britney so much. The reaction to her is irrational. Like it, or not, she's a pop icon of the crazy, screwed-up times in which we find ourselves. And not that anyone cares what I think, but I thought her performance on the MTV Video Music Awards was cool. I nearly did a post about it on the next day about the overwhelming criticism of it, but, again, no one should give a flip what I say. The little Elvis tribute at the start of the routine was nice, and largely unmentioned.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree. I have not seen the entire performance, but it wasn't that bad. Besides, we love when our stars go a little nuts, don't we? Although not as dramatically, but I kinda agree with that crying blond kid who made that video.

Chris said...

To what "crying blond kid" and "video" are you referring?

Anonymous said...

Here you go! Be prepared for some DRAMA!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc

Chris said...

Thanks, leslie! That was disturbing in so many ways.