March 7, 2008

"Running Up That Hill"

From the Wikipedia entry:

"Running Up That Hill (A Deal with God)" was the first single from Kate Bush's 1985 album Hounds of Love.
Written by Bush, it features surreal lyrics and impassioned vocals. It was released as a single in the UK on August 5, 1985, with the album appearing on shelves on September 16, 1985. It was her first 12" single, and her second single to feature gatefold packaging. It was the most successful of Bush's 1980s releases, eventually peaking at the number three position in the UK singles chart, her second-highest single release there. The single also had a great impact in the United States, providing Bush with her first hit to chart since 1978. It reached the top 30, and featured prominently within the Dance Charts.



As a "bonus" video, here's another one from Hounds of Love, the opening track on side two, "And Dream of Sheep." Parts of this one always make me want to weep. It's as beautiful as her face.


3 comments:

Kenna said...

Again, one of my favorites. Did you see the Christmas video Rich posted on fourfour? David Gilmour had something to do with her discovery (I think). I always included one of her songs on my mix tapes. Great post!

Chris said...

Cool! I missed that post. I'll go back to his December posts to check it out though. I believe you are correct. I think he also played guitar on at least Hounds of Love. She is awesome. So multi-talented, smart and creative! Thanks, kenna.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!