December 4, 2010

Hoplessly devoted to Olivia Newton-John

I've posted before about my fondness for Olivia Newton-John, dating back to when I was in 4th or 5th grade, but just let me reiterate: Wow!

I was eleven or twelve when this one came out, and I remember like it was yesterday, yesterday, yesteday....


"Hopelessly Devoted to You", written by John Farrar, is a song originally performed by Olivia Newton-John. The song, featured in the film version of Grease, received an Oscar nomination as Best Original Song, losing to "Last Dance" at the 51st Academy Awards. It reached number three on the Billboard Hot 100, becoming another hit from the film.
(source)
I must admit - I have this on my iPod/iPhone. What a voice she had. It's particularly lovely around 1:33 and right toward the end at around 2:40 in this post-Grease promo video:




2 comments:

Retro Hound said...

My Dad loved ONJ... until he saw here with a cigarette at the end of Grease.

Chris said...

But that was "evil" Sandy!