May 6, 2011

25 more neon signs

1.
capitan theatre detail
Pasadena, Texas

Due to the the overwhelming response to the previous....


2.
carlton's shoe store neon sign
Pecos


3.
cason monk neonNacogdoches


4.
cattleman's club & café neon sign
Amarillo


5.
centennial liquor neon sign
Austin


6.
chrysler airtemp neon sign
Texarkana


7.
church of christ neon sign
Nacogdoches


8.
clarke & courts
Galveston


9.
classic inn neon sign
Austin


10.
close fain sign from left in sunthe fain again
Livingston


11.
close-up of mexia theater sign
Mexia


12.
club café
Santa Rosa, New Mexico


13.
community inn
Kilgore


14.
cortez famous mexican food neon sign
Carlsbad, New Mexico


15.
country music hayride
Carthage


16.
courts vacancy
Weimer


17.
cowboy motel neon sign
Amarillo


18.
crane motel neon sign
Roswell, New Mexico


19.
crim from the right
Kilgore


20.
ding how restaurant neon sign
Amarillo


21.
dixie motel
Brenham


22.
domino neon sign in carlton's shoe store window
Pecos


23.
don theater neon sign
Alexandria, Louisiana


24.
don-mar motor court neon sign
Austin


25.
dot coffee shop sign
Houston


More to come (I know you can't wait)....

6 comments:

Retro Hound said...

I love neon signs, but what am I supposed to say? "I love neon signs"? I do try to comment and encourage every now and again on blogs I like. I know very, very well what it's like to make post after post with no comments.

Chris said...

I'm only half kidding. But you're right - what are people supposed to say?

Coastwatcher said...

The pictures are appreciated. I believe a conscientious person could make a very good living as a neon sign repairman/fabricator. Except for the vile new TV-type signs, nothing grabs the attention like a well-designed neon sign in good condition.
Just curious. On the next to last picture, there is "AMA" on the bottom of the sign. 'American Motel or Motor Hotel Association'?

Chris said...

Thanks, Coastwatcher. I appreciate your mentioning the appreciation. Seriously, I do. There's a guy in Austin who specializes in creating "vintage" neon:

http://www.roadhouserelics.com/

"American Motel Association" is a good guess. I don't really know.

Glennis said...

Fantastic. You've picked some real beauties.

Chris said...

Thanks, Aunt Snow! Being in California, you would know.